If you or a loved one requires assistance of daily living, Westminster Village in Spanish Fort, AL can help.
Westminster Village offers 24-hour therapy and nursing care, with personalized assistance.
Plus, assisted living facilities feature amenities like full baths, large windows with plenty of natural light, and home services like daily housekeeping.
Finally, our facilities have received high quality ratings from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
You may think of Westminster Village as a retirement community, but anyone in need is able to receive care from our top-rated assisted living and skilled nursing care facilities, all in the Acts spirit of loving-kindness.
What is Assisted Living Care?
Assisted living provides personalized and attentive support for activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing, and taking prescription medications. Care is administered in a homelike and secure setting. This level of care is ideal for seniors who still have some independence but may need additional help.
What is Skilled Nursing Care?
Skilled nursing care provides patients significant medical care administered by certified health professionals. The main goal of skilled nursing is to help patients (particularly those who are recovery from surgery and/or a hospital visit) return to assisted living or independent living.
Ask about our Continuing Care Program which includes discounts for both Assisted Living and Skilled Care! Call 251-626-2900.
Person-centered Care at Westminster Village
Person-centered care means that our patients and their loved ones have a say in their long-term care. This is something we refer to as our Acts Signature Experience. Spanish Fort assisted living and skilled nursing patients and families are given the freedom to participate in care decisions:
- Our facilities offer more personalized care and flexibility than other facilities that deliver care at predetermined schedules. These areas feature specialized memory care neighborhoods with a goal of supporting brain health and supporting those experiencing cognitive changes due to dementia.
- Our highly trained senior health services staff invites you to help decide mealtimes, bedtimes and wake-up times. You can also choose bathing days and times. You can arrange to have medications dispensed according to daily routines. There are also many opportunities for meaningful engagement and socialization.
- Our spacious setting is designed to be relaxing, inviting and homelike. Our living rooms and recreation areas encourage socialization.
- We serve meals in lovely dining rooms, not on bedside trays. We know giving residents more choices and more input gives you or your loved one more ways to stay engaged, healthy and happy.
Assisted Living Benefits
Our assisted living facility in Spanish Fort provides personalized support in a homelike setting. Services include:
- Three delicious meals served each day, along with snacks available throughout the day and night.
- A full schedule of engaging activities and social opportunities.
- Activities designed to promote fitness and brain health.
- Private suites with amenities such as cable TV and a private bath, as well as safety features including an emergency call system.
Skilled Nursing Benefits
Benefits of skilled nursing care at our Spanish Fort facility include:
- Rehabilitation and restorative programs featuring licensed physical, speech and occupational therapists, as well as an on-site medical director.
- Private and semi-private accommodations that are personalized based on the patient’s requests.
- A consistent 24/7 nurse staffing in order to better facilitate a personal connection with the patient.
- Engagement and socialization programs.
- A program of activities offering meaningful engagement and socialization, as well as fitness and brain health programs.
Additional Senior Health Services
The goal of rehabilitation services is to improve the patient’s health and function in a short-term or outpatient setting. Rehabilitation services include:
- Physical and occupational therapy that increases patient mobility and reduces the risk of falls.
- Speech therapy designed to help with cognitive difficulties and swallowing disorders.
- Help for patients with arthritis or who have recently received joint replacement or orthopedic surgery.
- Programs to help manage chronic pain, as well as complex disease and neurologically based disorders, including dementia.
Supporting Brain Health
Westminster Village is dedicated to supporting brain health and minimizing the risk of dementia. We accomplish this by helping those experiencing cognitive changes maintain their health and independence, as well as by giving peace of mind to their loved ones.
Learn About THRIVE For Better Health!
Many residents across Acts have participated in THRIVE (Therapy Helping Residents with Independence and Vitality Effectively) screenings. The THRIVE program serves as Acts Rehabilitation Department's core program. Watch the video below to learn more.
Westminster Village Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing Care Address
500 Spanish Fort Blvd
Spanish Fort, Alabama 36527