If you have a loved one that requires a higher level of care, such as assisted living or skilled nursing services, Buckingham’s Choice provides expert care to residents of Adamstown, Frederick, and the surrounding area. And most importantly, these services are available to everyone – not just to residents of our retirement community!
Buckingham’s Choice provides 24-hour nursing care and therapy, and personalized assistance with daily living. In addition to providing traditional assisted living services, we also offer specialized memory care, with top quality ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our Frederick, MD area assisted living facility includes private suites with full baths, walk-in showers, and even daily housekeeping and linen services.
As for our Adamstown/Frederick area skilled nursing center, we have personalized care and 24/7 monitoring, and individualized care programs built around the patient’s needs.
What is Assisted Living Care?
Assisted living provides personalized and attentive help for activities of daily living, administered in a homelike, secure setting. Assisted living is typically the right choice for seniors that are still somewhat independent, but require help with dressing, bathing, scheduling prescription medication, and other similar activities.
What is Skilled Nursing Care?
Skilled nursing care helps patients that require more significant medical care. This temporary care is administered by certified health professionals, with the goal being to rehabilitate the patient so they can return to a residential setting.
Unsure Which Service is Right for Your Loved One? Call Us 24/7 to Learn About Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and Other Senior Health Services in Adamstown: 301-874-5630
Person-centered Care at Buckingham’s Choice
Our residents and their families have a say in how they receive long-term care. This is called the Acts Signature Care experience. We give you and your loved ones the ability to participate in care decisions, providing much needed peace of mind. Here’s what that means:
- More personalized care and flexibility at this Adamstown assisted living and skilled nursing facility compared to facilities that deliver care at predetermined schedules. These areas feature specialized memory care neighborhoods for supporting brain health.
- Expert staff helps you decide mealtimes, bedtimes, and wake-up times. Patients can choose bathing days and times, as well as arrange to have medications dispensed according to daily routines.
- Spacious settings have been designed to be relaxing, inviting, and homelike. There are also many opportunities for meaningful engagement and socialization.
- Meals are served in beautiful dining rooms, not on beside trays. This gives residents more opportunities to stay engaged and happy.
Adamstown, MD Assisted Living Benefits
This Adamstown assisted living residence near Frederick provides attentive, personalized support with the activities of daily living.
- Well-appointed suites featuring a private bath, cable TV, and emergency call system
- Three nutritious meals served every day, as well as healthy and delicious snacks available throughout the day and night
- Professional staff available 24 hours a day
- A full schedule of activities designed to offer meaningful engagement and socialization
- Fitness and brain health programs
Adamstown, MD Skilled Nursing Benefits
The senior skilled nursing care center at Buckingham’s Choice provides short-term or long-term care for as long as needed.
- Rehabilitation and restorative services to help resident’s needs, administered by licensed physical, speech, and occupational therapists
- Personalized private and semi-private accommodations
- Consistent, 24/7 nurse staff who get to know the seniors on a more personalized basis
- A program of activities offering meaningful engagement and socialization
- Fitness and brain health programs
Other Senior Health Services
Rehabilitation services help patients seeking to improve their health and function in a short-term or outpatient setting.
How rehabilitation services can help:
- Physical and occupational therapy can increase resident mobility, as well as functional capability and confidence, plus reduces the risk of falls.
- Speech therapy helps with swallowing disorders, speech and cognitive difficulties.
- We restore function for individuals who’ve had joint replacement or orthopedic surgery or have arthritis.
- Other rehab programs manage neurologically based disorders, chronic pain, complex diseases, and balance issues.
- All programs offer expertise for individuals with dementia.
Supporting Brain Health
Buckingham’s Choice is committed to supporting brain health, minimizing risk for dementia and providing services to those experiencing cognitive changes due to dementia. We also helps maintain a patient’s health and independence, which increases peace of mind.
Learn About THRIVE For Better Health!
Many residents across Acts have participated in THRIVE (Therapy Helping Residents with Independence and Vitality Effectively) screenings. This special program serves as Acts Rehabilitation Department's core program. Watch the video below to learn more.
Buckingham's Choice Assisted Living & Skilled Nursing Care Address
3200 Baker Circle
Adamstown, Maryland 21710