1. Is there a cost to join the ACTS Priority List?
- Yes. The cost to add your name to the
list is a $1,000 application fee per person plus a $200 processing
fee. If you are single, the cost is $1,200. If you are a couple,
the cost is $2,200.
2. Is the application fee refundable?
- Yes. The application fee ($1,000 per
person) is fully refundable if you decide to remove your name from
the Waiting List. The processing fee ($200) is not refundable after
3. How long will I wait?
- Waiting times vary by apartment size and community. Please call
the community of your choice to find the approximate waiting time
for your unit of interest. Many prospective residents add their
name to the Priority List well before they are ready to move in, to
assure themselves the opportunity to move in to an ACTS community
when they are ready in the future.
4. What are the benefits of joining the Priority List?
- Your one deposit and processing fee will put your name on the
Priority List for all ACTS communities and apartment sizes. You can
select any or all of the ACTS communities and unit sizes in
which you are most interested.
- Opportunities to be involved with the community before you move
in is encouraged through membership benefits such as involvement in
community events, use of the fitness center and swimming pool, and
invitations to entertainment, trips and special events.
5. What happens when a Life Care Consultant calls and asks me
to look at an available apartment?
- Every Life Care Consultant offers apartments as they become
available, to people who are on the Priority List in order of their
application date for their community.
6. What if I say I do not want the apartment offered to me? Do
I go to the bottom of the list?
- If we call you and you are not ready to consider an apartment,
you do not go to the bottom of the list. You remain on the list
according to your date of application.
7. Can I transfer from one community to
- Yes. If you would like to move to an
ACTS community sooner than availability allows at your first choice
community, you have the option of moving to a community or
apartment size that is more readily available and remain on the
Waiting List for the community and/or apartment size of your first
- Once your first choice community and apartment become
available, we offer you the apartment (based on your original date
of application), and you accept the apartment, you will pay a
transfer fee and move in to your new apartment home.
8. What are the benefits of being able to transfer?
The benefits of taking the transfer option include:
- You are covered with Life Care sooner than waiting until it is
- You can enjoy all of the amenities and benefits of the ACTS
- You are locking in your entrance fee so when you eventually
transfer you will pay the difference or receive a refund of the
difference in entrance fees according to the year you originally
moved in to an ACTS community. This could mean several thousand
dollars savings to you.